For a full listing of all of my recipes request at moshe.duskis@gmail.com. Click on any recipe. I would like to adapt interesting recipes to ensure kashrut. Questions should always be raised with a competent rabbi or organization. If I miss something, please forgive me. Yours truly, Moshe.

Tuesday, November 29, 2005

Aloha Chicken2 (M, TNT)
Source: "Quick & Healthy," Volume II by Brenda J. Ponichtera
Serves: 4
1 small can (8 oz) unsweetened pineapple slices, packed in juice
1 tsp. chopped garlic
1 tsp. cornstarch
1 tsp. Worcestershire sauce
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1/2 tsp. dried thyme
4 skinless, boneless chicken breasts (about 1 lb.)
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Drain pineapple, reserving the juice. Combine juice with garlic, cornstarch, Worcestershire, mustard and thyme.
Arrange chicken in an 8" x 8" pan that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Pour juice mixture over chicken and bake for 20 minutes. Spoon juices from pan over chicken.
Add a pineapple slice to each chicken piece and return to the oven for 5 minutes.
Poster's Note: I usually serve this with white rice and a vegetable on the side. It comes out perfect every time. I usually use a bigger can of pineapple because I like more juice in the sauce. I have also used different kinds of mustard, and sometimes substitute garlic powder for the real thing. It still turns out good.

No comments:

Followers

Blog Archive